Make an origami light to illuminate your home. Want to brighten up your home and add color to the interior? We offer you here several inspiring ideas to make an origami light. Plus, without spending any money! Everything you need can find in your cupboards. Are you already curious? So, let’s not waste any more time!
How to make a light garland out of paper?
- A pack of origami paper (about 30 sheets of different colors)
- A light garland
Steps to follow:
Make small origami boxes using the folding techniques below. It takes a bit of practice, so try a few and don’t give up! The number of boxes must correspond to the numbers of the LEDs on the garland.
Instructions for making an origami box:
- Start with a rectangle of origami theme.
- Fold the paper in half. Unfold. Then fold again, but this time in the form of diagonals.
- Form a folded triangle.
- Fold each of the four corners upward to meet the point of the triangle.
- Next, fold the four horizontal corners towards the center so that the ends meet.
- Take the four vertical flaps and fold them down.
- Place each flap in the side pockets of the paper.
- Gently unfold the center of the balloon and blow into it to give it a box shape.
DIY Origami Kusudama Decoration
Japanese kusudama represents a paper origami technique. It is generally carried out by stitching or gluing several identical pyramidal units. Here, an easy tutorial will show you how to make a really beautiful decoration. Using the images below, form a floral ball. Then, insert an LED light to get a drawing ideas.
- Origami paper in favorite color: 15 x 15 cm
- Fold the paper by following the steps in the image.
- Form flower leaves and glues them together to make a flower.
- Assemble the flowers and use the sponge to give an orange touch (using watercolor).
- Insert a led in the center of the ball.
- A pair of scissors
- Two bags of groceries
- An electric wire with a socket
- A light bulb – Use light bulbs that do not generate too much heat, such as LED bulbs. For an office space, opt for a 7.5 watt LED. Never use an incandescent bulb near the paper! If you need more light, go for a 10.5 watt LED.
Steps to follow:
- We start with the two bags of groceries. Remove the handles carefully.
- Cut the bottom of one of the bags and peel off one of the sides to form a single piece of paper
- Start with the long piece (full bag). Fold it lengthwise in half, then fold the half piece in half. Repeat until you have 16 equal parts in an accordion shape.
- Then, fold the first row of diagonal folds. You can mark the fold points with light pencil marks. Use the pattern below for help. Guide: Red lines – towards you, green lines – away from you.
- Once all the folds are made, fold them according to the pattern.
- Then. Cut the second bag – half the length of the first bag. Start with the accordion folds. This time make 8 equal parts, seen half the length. Repeat with all the folds.
- Assemble the two pieces using glue or double-sided tape.
- Finally. Drill holes at the top end and thread a string or wire through the holes.
Make a beautiful lamp with a paper plate. To DIY a unique design lamp, you will need:
- Glue gun
- Glue sticks (diameter 7 mm)
- Chrome lamp base (height 13 cm, diameter 15 cm)
- 50 paper plates (diameter 18 cm)
- Ruler (length 30 cm), pencil, scissors
Fairy lights for Halloween:
- Wax paper, (10 sheets – 5 oranges and 5 white)
- LED Christmas fairy lights
- Waterproof pen-marker
How to achieve:
- Fold the paper in half. Unfold. Twist and fold diagonally twice.
- Make a triangle (boat base).
- First, fold the 4 flaps down the middle.
- Then fold the 4 side corners towards the center.
- Finally, fold the 4 flaps into the “pockets.”
- Turn it over, and voila, you’re ready to go!
- Make sure the opening is on top. Draw pumpkin faces on the orange papers.
- Put the small orange boxes on the light garland and tie them with duct tape.
Materials you will need:
- Wallpaper (29.5 cm x 77.5 cm)
- Pair of scissors
- Cord or string
The steps to follow:
- Cut a piece of the wallpaper to 29.5cm x 77.5cm.
- Draw fold lines on the reverse side of the wallpaper. You need thirteen vertical lines spaced 5.5cm apart (black).
- Then add diagonal lines to the left (pink) and diagonal to the right (aqua). Follow the pattern below.
- First, fold the vertical lines (black). Then fold the first set of diagonal lines (pink). After the second set of diagonal lines (aqua). You need to fold the paper onto itself so that the right side is always facing out.
- Drill holes along the top edge of the wallpaper. Thread them with string.
- Glue the two ends of the paper with tape. Overlap the two ends (11cm) so that the diamond pattern is retained.
- Straighten the resulting figure and start pulling both ends of the string.
- Place the socket and bulb.
- Tighten the string well and tie the whole thing.
Here are the things you will need:
- Origami paper in different colors: 10cm x 10cm.
- LED pendant light with rope.
- Make small figurines in different colors by following the tutorial.
- Assemble all the pieces to make a multicolored ball.
- Hang the ball from an LED light.
Also Read: Homemade Potpourri